Bill Hastie MBA, CIMA®, AIFA®, RMA®, C(k)P®, CPFA®
Bill started his career in the financial industry in 1981 as a financial analyst at Bank of America in San Francisco. After completing his MBA in Financial Planning, he began serving his clients as a financial advisor. Bill later returned to Golden Gate University to teach in their MBA-Financial Planning program. His passion for investment management, financial/retirement income planning and corporate retirement plan management has spanned his career of more than 35 years serving clients locally, throughout California and nationwide.
He and his wife, Terri, reside in Salinas, CA, where they raised their three children. Bill enjoys golf, travel, fishing and spending time with his family.
Bill Hastie is proud to have been recognized as a Leaders Level advisor for 2021—a distinction based on annual production that places him/her among the top 6 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Concentration in Finance
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 1981
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Financial Planning
Golden Gate University, San Francisco, 1984
- CIMA Education Program
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Executive Education, 2020
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- University of California, Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management
- Retirement Management Advisor® (RMA®)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst® (AIFA®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
- Certified 401(k) Professional (C(k)P®)
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA®)
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 63, 65
Current community involvement:
- Salinas Valley Health Foundation, Treasurer and Executive Committee
- Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the board and Executive Committee
- Salinas Police Foundation, Treasurer
- Key for a Cure Foundation, in association with St. Jude Children’s Hospital
Each year, Commonwealth, the Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer that helps us process investment transactions on your behalf, recognizes Leaders Level advisors by inviting them to an exclusive gathering of their peers, leading industry experts, and Commonwealth home office staff. Leaders Level advisors benefit from an intensive learning and networking experience designed to help them hone their expertise, share best practices, and provide ever-higher levels of service, education, and leadership to their clients.